When was the last time you tried something new?
What are some of things that you wish you could do?
Why aren’t you doing them?
Well if you’re anything like me it’s because you tell yourself you can’t, that you aren’t good at them, you don’t have what it takes or maybe that’s its just too hard or you don’t have enough time.
All of these reasons might sound plausible! However they're really excuses or thoughts that you came up with to stop you from putting yourself out there and giving it a go.
Maybe because you are afraid of failing or feeling inadequate.
If you are serious about creating what you want you must stop undermining yourself and just get out there and try something. The result is not as important as the action of trying. This in itself is a great confidence booster, you might make new friends, have a good laugh perhaps even find out you have a hidden skill or maybe not, so what! Now you know and you can move on to trying something else and simply enjoy the process of putting yourself out there.
This can be fun and it will boost your confidence.
1. Start by making a list of all the things you would like to experience - your bucket list.
2. Now organize this list into 3 subcategories;
○ Things I could this week.
○ Things that, with planning, I could do within the next 3 months.
○ Things that, with planning, I could do within the next 12 months.
3. Now decide what is one thing that you could do this week and do it.
4. Decide what is one action you can take towards planning for;
○ One thing you can do within the next 3 months - do it.
○ One thing you could do within the next 12 months.
Trying something new doesn't mean doing something big, although it could and don't let me stop you, it just means stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. The more you do it the more comfortable you will get and the more confident you will become.
For those of you who are ready to make the rest of your life the best of your life download my Next Stage Manifesto